Parents at my school harassed and stalked me to the brink of insanity …and Beyond.
I developed Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and severe bipolar disorder. Police incarcerated me into a psyche ward, not to be released until I agreed to take medication.
How did I find my Happiness?
I survived the gloom, scribbling down what was happening to me, making sense of my intense confusion. When I accepted my diagnosis and treatment plan, I became well.
Writing became my cathartic outlet to express myself, to get in touch with my emotions, to seek answers and trial wellness and coping tools, empowering my Recovery.
I wrote my gutsy memoir ME & HER: a Memoir of Madness. Read #20 FREE Pages here.
I’m now happy and well balanced, sharing my repertoire of positive mental health strategies with everyone.
#10 Secrets to finding your Happiness
1. Be grateful for all the amazing people in your life. Give thanks to the universe.
3. Laugh out loud. Smile. Tell jokes. Have fun. Fake it until you make it.
4. Exercise first thing in the morning with a brisk walk. Lifts your mood for the whole day.
5. Set S.M.A.R.T. goals for your personal and work life. Goals that are: Specific. Measurable. Achievable. Relevant. Time-lined. Move forward with your goals.
6. Pamper yourself with ME time. Relax with your favourite music. Indulge in a soothing massage. Rejuvenate your body, mind and spirit with activities communing with nature.
7. Follow a simple healthy lifestyle. Eat a natural unprocessed diet enriched in legumes, fruits, veggies, fish & nuts.
8. Empower yourself with resilient coping skills. Control your response to stressors.
9. Help other people in the community. Reach out to your neighbours & friends.
10. Engage in positive self-talk. You ARE what you think.
I’m offering all readers a Free eBook *Top 30 Tools for Wellness* Healthy Mind, Happy Day. 30 Mental Wellness tools to help you feel Happier, Healthier and Mentally stronger.
Fill in the opt in form here on the TOP right panel of my website ^ ^ ^ Please go check your inbox for your FREE eBook.
Every day I realize my True Happiness, combining my two all-consuming passions, writing and mental health.
Writing is my creative outlet, a way to share my Recovery story with the community, helping others to develop their own unique wellness plan.
Everyone needs their own Wellness Plan to keep happy, healthy and mentally strong.
How do you find your Happiness?
What do you do each day to keep YOU happy?
Please show your support … Leave a comment , click the LIKE button or Tweet ... Thanks:)