Today my mental illness Recovery story was published on CHAN6ES Website. Xs Tyne, co-director of CHAN6ES revealed my gutsy exposé, ME and HER: A Memoir Of Madness and how I changed from HER back into ME.
Launching Karen’s STORY…
“When I was a primary school teacher, parents at my school repeatedly harassed me to breaking point, inflicting verbal, written and psychological abuse on a daily basis…Then they accused me of physically abusing their child. The education system investigated their claims. I crumpled under extreme pressure and developed stress and anxiety, leading to night terrors and sleep deprivation.
“In May 2005, my mad half, HER was born.”
I became manic and psychotic, escaping to a lonely motel to hide away. Police and a medical team incarcerated me in a psyche ward as an involuntary patient.
How did I CHAN6E my Lifestyle?
Over time I developed my own individual wellness plan, by trialling coping strategies until I discovered which ones worked for me.
1. Be determined to recover, that’s your driving force
2. Learn everything about your illness. Accept your diagnosis and treatment plan.
3. Start your day with a brisk walk with positive gratitude.
4. Write in a free flow of consciousness way, scribbling down exactly what’s on my mind. Write your way to recovery, expressing your angst on the page, helping to balance your emotions.
5. Eat a healthy natural diet with lots of raw nuts, fruits and vegetables.
6. Engage in a calming pre-sleep routine.
7. Explore and practice meditation and visualization techniques
8. Practice the philosophy of Mindfulness, by living in the NOW.
9. Enlist a strong support network which will monitor and guide you to Recovery.
10. Develop your own individual wellness plan.
I changed ME from the inside out, transforming my everyday lifestyle and routines to pro-actives ones, empowering me to Recover. I changed the worry “what-if” buzz in my head to positive self-talk. I discovered what my triggers were (long term stress and insomnia) and I learned how to minimize them. I’m proud to say, I’ve become a pro-active mental health advocate and author, disclosing my guide to Recovery and tools for wellness in my memoir, Me and Her: A Memoir Of Madness.
FREE … READ #20 pages of Me and Her: A Memoir Of Madness … What do you think?
For the FULL STORY please go to Changing Your Mind With Me & Her on Chan6es … Scroll down … check the left side. But please don’t forget to come back here …
**If I can RECOVER from the depths of psychosis and mania … imagine what YOU can do?
**What CHAN6ES are you making to improve your Mental Health?
Check out my *FREE eBook *Top 30 Tools for Wellness* > Healthy Mind, Happy Day.
HOW to feel Happier, Healthier and Mentally stronger.
Please click here … *Top 30 Tools for Wellness* to find out MORE.