Bailey Beats the Blah boosts self-esteem, emotional awareness and coping skills to overcome anxiety (worry thoughts) and depression (sad days) …
and How to cope with change!
Download FREE teaching Notes and Free KIDS activities HERE
Kids will LOVE Bailey, interacting with chants, actions and laughter.
Mums, teachers and authors bring your KIDS along to Bailey’s story telling session this Friday…
How to Present a Storytelling session at a Library or School
1. Book the session in advance with clear aims on how to make your session captivating and memorable. Advertise your event with flyers for a library session. Request what you need: a display table, a whiteboard etc
2. Work out your exact spiel, adding humor and pathos.
3. Practice speaking, acting and interacting. Dramatize story with voice inflections, whispers, pauses and actions, injecting with enthusiasm and energy. Fine tune your body language and movements “on stage”.
4. Pack your bag in advance including bookmarks, copies of your books, costumes, puppets, posters, your banner, a sign-up sheet, a bright cover for the display table.
5. Wear bright clothing: consider an eye-catching T-shirt or theme costume, a wig, a silly hat, and your name tag.
6. Follow up the dramatic storytelling session with discussion and hands on activity sheets that consolidate your message or lesson. Finish on a positive note, by requesting feedback. Discuss the next visit with your next book.
5% of sales go to Kids Helpline, supporting kids in crisis. ALL kids will receive goodies from Kids Helpline including stickers and fridge magnets.
Come join me to stamp out the BLAH!
Where: Hyperdome Library TLC lounge
When: Friday March 28th 10 am
Are you coming along this Friday?
What tips would you like to share for storytelling?
Please comment below … SHARE, Like, tweet or Google +