2011 promises to be an unprecedented year for me galloping towards my goals.
I’ve launched a 3-pronged pro-active attack to achieve my New Year resolutions.
On Monday, I commenced a 12 week Body Blitz to improve my fitness and energize me. I’ll need my optimum health to achieve all those goals I’ve set myself…
- Today I’ve relaunched Logan City Writers collective with over 90 members. I’ve sent an eNewsletter welcoming new members and listing our face-to-face and online writing groups for members to join.
- In a few weeks time, Logan Writers Week committee will meet to launch Logan Writers Week 2011 in October. A special thanks to committee members … Peter Garbett (Exodus Editing), Jodi Cleghorn (eMergent Publishing), Cate Black (Logan Writers Guild) and Stephanie Azri (author of “High Risk Pregnancy and fetal Diagnosis, your Journey.”)
- In 2011, I’ll be working at a community facility a few hours per week to deliver a ground breaking Mental Health writing project. Full details coming soon.
The vast majority of my time I’ll spend on daily writing to hone my craft.
- New Writing Projects for 2011 … I’m researching new writing themes and projects and polishing off old ones. Watch this space.
- Space Kids Series … An International publisher requested and is considering Josh and The It for publication. I’m nearing completion of Book 2 of this Sci-Fi series.
- ME AND HER: a Memoir of Madness … I’ve submitted this manuscript to a writing competition and to a a media personality. I should hear the outcomes soon.
On Monday I listed my goals for January, February and March.
The long list curled around my feet.
I started to panic … Oh my god … How can I achieve all this?
This leathery elephant of New Year resolutions towered and swayed before me.
So what did I do?
I sliced my goals into manageable pieces that I could attack, chew and digest
… One bite-size chunk at a time.
“Action without planning is the cause of all failure. Action with planning is the cause of all success”… Brian Tracy
*** NEWSFLASH ***
Today I received two requests from the Publishing World … one, a query about my books … the other … someone wants to meet with me.
Can my Dreams finally be turning into Reality?