Who wants to Kick Start your writing?
Ever fancied yourself as a Writer, sharing your creative stories with the world?
Do you want to be the next JK Rowling or the next James Patterson?
South City Bulletin editor Wendy Millgate published my 8 Secrets to kick start your writing. Unleash the writer within: learn the craft of writing and how to express yourself on the page, by honing your creative skills. All you need is a creative idea, a pen and paper or a laptop to get you started.
Check out these pro-active tips to get you writing by published author, Karen Tyrrell (me)
8 Secrets to Kick Start your Writing
1.Write what you’re passionate about. This passion will shine through your writing.
2. Think of an idea. Scribble it down. Ask yourself who, what, where, when, why and how? Incorporate the answers into your story.
3. Read your story out aloud. Ask yourself: Does it make sense? Does it flow in a logical sequence?
4. Close your eyes. Picture your story in cinematic detail. Flesh out your story until the scene and characters come alive on the page.
5. Read. Read. Read. The more you read, the better you’ll be able to write. Explore all fiction genres and particularly read your favourite genre, the one you would like to write in.
6. Take a notepad with you wherever you go in case inspiration arises. Scribble away at the bus stop, in a waiting room or on the train.
7. Join a face-to-face writers’ group with like-minded people who love to express themselves on the page; for example Write Links, Logan City Writers or The Crew. Join online writing groups too. Seek out critique buddies and Beta readers to give you essential feedback.
8. Attend motivating writing courses at your local library or check out Queensland Writers Centre.
Read the FULL story here at South City Bulletin
I’ll guide you on how to create unforgettable characters and develop a story that will hook in your reader.
WHERE: Logan North Library, Cnr Sports Drive & Springwood Road, Underwood
WHEN: Tuesday 7th July 6pm. Tea & coffee provided.
BOOKINGS essential: Phone 3412 4140
Karen Tyrrell is an award winning author of five books, winner of three awards and three grants. Her empowering resilience titles include Me & Her: A Memoir of Madness and Me & Him: a Guide to Recovery and resilience books for children, Bailey Beats the Blah, STOP the Bully and Harry Helps Grandpa Remember www.karentyrrell.com
Which tips resonated with you?
Can you please leave a comment, LIKE , tweet or google plus?