As a resilience author – teacher – speaker (Karen Tyrrell) I’m aiming HIGH determined to attain my goals! My passions for writing and resilience will drive me in 2016.
I’m creating my own luck and capitalizing on every opportunity presented to me.
With determination, I’m planning ahead every step of the way, setting realistic achievable goals.
No Pie in the Sky dreams for me
I’m focusing on my achievable goals and what I can accomplish and the practical steps to reach there. It’s time to reset my targets, as the New Year comes hurtling towards me.
My wish … to make 2016 a memorable year, one to be proud of.
What’s your Main Goal for 2016?
Squeeze your eyes shut and visualize your Big Picture for 2016.
Which goal drives you the most? What do you want to achieve above everything else?
Concentrate on that main goal FIRST…
Now set practical mini-goals you can complete in three months or less.
Your brain will react to genuine personal goals that are S.M.A.R.T. ─
Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic and Time-bound.
Display your goals at eye level as a constant reminder and incentive … on a whiteboard or vision board above your computer.
3 MONTH GOALS for Writing Success
- Write every day with passion and conviction and everything else will follow.
- Rewrite & Redraft every writing project you’ve created to the next HIGHEST publishing standard
- Send away completed projects to writing competitions, writing buddies or to editors.
- Follow up on VIP emails … Take advantage of every constructive opportunity presented to you
- Extend your writers platform, reaching out to your community: face-to-face and online.
- RESEARCH … RESEARCH … RESEARCH every writing project, every opportunity that interests you. Understand how the publishing industry works from the inside out.
- Join a writing group or sign up to a writing course that will help you achieve your goals.
- Network and Critique with writers who have a similar passion to you/
- Be creative … envisage a brand new project that excites you.
- Tick off every success along the way.
I’m so proud of where I’m come from as a bullied teacher… Parents at my school harassed me to breaking point, with me developing mental illness … Now I’m the recovered author of six published books … More Here
1. Publish two new action-packed books for children in 2016 that will excite, entertain and empower kids to live strong. This is my MAIN goal and what drives me.
2. Spread positive resilience messages via my published books at Digital Future Press and my speaking events, incorporating humor as a coping skill.
- Get my books out to a wider audience including MORE schools, MORE libraries, MORE bookshops and MORE networks.
- Present MORE seminars, writing workshops and speaking events in 2016.
- Maintain my OPTIMUM happiness, health and life balance. This MUST be my #1 PRIORITY.
My DAILY GOALS …for SUCCESS
- Write every day: 365 days a year.
- List attainable goals that I CAN achieve for that day.
- Tick boxes [ ] on my diary page, a visual reminder of every SUCCESS.
- Congratulate myself on every success along the way.
Meanwhile, I’m setting all those positive Goals in Motion, aiming Sky High, ready for whatever the cosmic forces decide … Please Universe, be kind!
Wishing you all a VERY happy, healthy and SUCCESSFUL 2016!
Thanks for your AMAZING support and encouragement in 2015.
HOW are you priming yourself for SUCCESS in 2016?
What are your S.M.A.R.T Goals?
Please SHARE with your friends, LIKE, Tweet and Google plus 🙂